PLEASE READ ALL CONTRACTS and advice
Every company will have a contract you will sign to get listed on the MLS. Please review the contract. They are required by most boards to have a signed contract giving them permission to list the property on the MLS.
- Look for any fees you did not expect and discuss with the company directly. We do not know the rules for all local MLS boards.
- Most contracts can be cancelled at any time. Please make sure the contract reflects this.
- Make sure you are provided all the disclosures required – Seller Disclosure and Lead Based Paint Disclosures are typically required for all sales.
- We are the facilitator for those seeking to sell their home For Sale By Owner. We are the marketing company and not the company that will list the property on the MLS. We will not be on the contracts you sign with brokers.
- 3rd party sites are typically paid marketing site. Your listing may or may not go to sites such as Zillow, Realtor, RedFin and others. Realtors sign up for zip codes to capture leads. Discuss where your MLS listing will feed out to. Sometimes, but not all the time, you can keep control of your Zillow (but we recommend you let broker handle all information so it is consistent)
- When your property goes pending or sells, please notify broker. They can be fined for information not being updated on MLS within a specific time frame.